Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Solid Foods!!


















Last Friday we had our 6 month Dr's appointment, one that we had been waiting for with excitement because we were waiting to get the Okay to give Isabella her first solid foods. Originally the Doctor told us to wait until this appointment to help Isabella get all the bulking up and calories she could from her regular diet of breastmilk but we got the seal of Perfect yet again at this visit and started Rice cereal that very night.

Bella ready to begin her first meal!





















1st Bite given by Mommy!


















Some great eating shots


































Daddy taking his turn feeding her


































Bella wants more!

















All Done.








































We have done great so far, Rice cereal seemed to make her tummy hurt so we switched to Oatmeal cereal. So far our great sleeping went out the window with new stuff in her tummy but we're hoping that will change once she is used to eating something different each night. Eric is really excited to try sweet potatoes, which I think we plan to do this coming Friday. I'm also hoping to start making some of my own baby food. I bought ice cube trays and everything. I'll let you know how it goes.

~ That's all for now
Trish

No comments: