Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eric's First Father's Day (Sorry it's so late)


















Way back in June Eric finally got to celebrate his first Father's Day. It was a blast. Eric, my dad, Jonesy, and Kevin left early to go play a round of golf and then the boys met Mom and I back at Casa Da Averill. We enjoyed a BBQ lunch and presents and in the evening Eric and I got to spend some quality family time with our beautiful new baby. It was a wonderful day and we got a few fun shots to share.


Here are all the presents for the amazing men in our lives.



































Bella was a big fan of the twizzlers, this may have been her favorite part of Father's Day. Well except for playing with silly Daddy.


































"Dad.....shorts go on my legs, not my head!"

















It was a wonderful day where I managed to get quality time with my Mom, Dad, Husband and Baby and I loved every minute of it. Now for the cheesy part.

To my dearest husband-- you are an incredible father. I love everything you do for our beautiful girl. Thank you for your love, dedication and support of us both. I could not, and would not want to be in this crazy land of parenthood without you. So here are ten things I love about you as a father in no particular order.


1. How excited you and Bella are to see each other when you get home from work.
2. The hysterical noises you make to entertain her.
3. Your surprisingly keen fashion sense when choosing her outfits.
4. The pictures you sent me nearly every day when you were on leave.
5. Your insistence that you hate pink, but then buy her really cute pink stuff.
6. Your patience with us both
7. Your excitement in the first times, first Feeding, Royals game, and the many more to come.
8. How proud you are of your beautiful baby.
9. Your undying devotion to your girls.
10. Watching you play with Bella and make funny faces in the mirror.

As I sit and write ten things, ten more come to mind, however, I think if I continued our readers would boycott the blog due to an abundance of gag inducing cheesy stuff. So that's all for now.

I LOVE MY BABY DADDY.

~That's how we put the BOOM in Neuteboom!
Trish

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I need one of those shorts on the head photos!!! Super cute. I have a couple of those of Gabe. =)

Shelly said...

What's up with Dad having his head cut off in the first photo titled "Eric's First Father's Day!" That cracked me up. I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. I'm sure that Bella enjoyed her 1st 4th of July experience.