Saturday, June 6, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend full of Neutebooms, Wells and Studzinski's!




















We had a fantastic time over memorial day weekend with our second annual Neuteboom/Wells/Studzinski family get together. It is so amazing to me that just last year I was only pregnant and Gabe was only about 7 months, wow how time flies. Well I have a huge amount of pictures for this post so we better get started.


First off a HUGE thanks to Grandpa Ric for a week of Daycare and to Grandma Connie for coming out the week before memorial day to provide Grandma Daycare. We were able to make it through the school year keeping Isabella at home or with family. We'll start up at real daycare in August and we are looking forward to it.
Okay Trish, get to the point already...... So Friday after work Eric, Bella and I headed over to Connie and J.P's new Condo to meet up with the Clan. Nancy and Lindsey drove in from Missouri and Heidi, Chris, the now 18month old Gabe and J.P. made the long haul together from Colorado Springs. We enjoyed a great outdoor meal, catching up with everyone, and playing in the grass. It was so nice to see everyone.



















Bella got to meet her Awesome Aunt Nancy and Cousin Lindsey


















I like this picture of the siblings with their beautiful babies.


















Thelma and Louise

















The Cousins! I always have super fond memories of playing with my many cousins. I can't to watch these guys tear it up. Next year's Memorial Day weekend is going to be a riot.


































Kisses for Bella
















The next day we parted ways and the boys headed to KC to buy me a new car. I loved my little Scion but it was just that. too little! I had to put the seat down just to fit the stroller. So Eric and I decided to upgrade and he, Chris, a former car salesman, and J.P., a man who loves to buy cars, went to find us the perfect vehicle. And they did! Here is what they came back with, Our new beautiful Rav 4!



















































While the boys are away, the girls(and babies) will play. First we all headed off to Kansas City to shop for a bit which proved a little more difficult with two babies and didn't last as long as the usual shopping excursions. We had a great lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and Gabe was cracking us up trying to get the sleeping Bella to eat french fries with him "French Frwy, Bewa!" Most of the fries ended up on the floor by way of the back if Bella's car seat. We then headed back to Lawrence . Heidi, Chris and Gabe had a room at The Hampton Inn so we went there to relax and swim. Eric and I were so excited to get Isabella in the pool for the first time. However since Eric was out buying us a new car I had to go in without him. We had such a fun time swimming with Lindsey and the little ones.
Here we are getting ready.
































Okay, Bella has two swimsuits, I know that seems silly but this second one is actually a dollar store purchase. Gotta love the Dollar store!























Bella loved the pool, She is as much a water baby as we thought she would be. The next morning we swam again with Daddy, he was braver than I was and even dunked her. She didn't mind too much.



































Sunday evening we went over to the Averill house for a BBQ and games. I sadly forgot my camera but I know the rest of the family has great pictures I'll have to steal and post later. Monday morning everyone headed back to their respective places and Eric and I rested from such a fun and eventful weekend. I can't wait for next year!
~Trish

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was such a great weekend, we really enjoyed it. Now if we could only figure out a way to shorten that drive so we could see you all more often. =) Squeeze that baby for us. Gabe points and her picture now and will say her name. Super cute!!! =) Love ya.