Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bella and Mommy's Summer Adventures: Episode 1

So as you know, the best months of teaching are June and July! Just Kidding, I love my job but I'm also having a great time off for the summer. I love being able to spend my days with my beautiful baby again. It's even better than maternity leave too because Bella is old enough to really play and we can go on a variety of adventures. We're taking Lawrence by storm. Here are a few highlights from our first couple of weeks together.
Isabella and I have been going to a particular playgroup since she was one month old. I finally had time to host it myself and we were pumped to have all of Bells friends over to play. I was also excited because it was one of the larger playgroups so the house was full of beautiful babies, mommies and daddies. Here is Bella and her buddy Lyla (for more info on miss Lyla check out our link to her blog) This pictures is taken just before Bella pulled Lyla's hair...ah sigh, so it begins!

















This is another candid shot, This picture happened just after Tara (looking at the camera) licked Bella's forehead and then Zoe decided to take a seat on her smaller buddies.


















Only my girl could sleep with 10 other babies and 10 adults in the room.























We also headed out to KC with daddy to go see Heather. We had a blast swimming in her pool and hot tub and even taking a bath in her sink. I know Bella's gonna hate this picture when she's sixteen but it's soooooo cute I just had to post it.























Here's Us three girls.


















Heather and Bella in deep conversation.




































We've had some great visitors this month too. At the end of May Uncle Rich and Aunt Nicki came to visit from New York, they were here for Rich's sister's graduation but we talked them into dinner. We love this picture because I'm not sure if Rich or Isabella is more uncomfortable! HA!



















Nicki on the other hand is like a duck to water, Bella loved hanging out with her.

















Here Rich let's Nicki hold the baby while he takes care of the beer.

















Uncle Loren came to visit too, Bella was a little confused because his beard looks so much like Daddy's not to mention the Royals hat.


































Tomorrow we're also getting a visit from my Godmother that I'm really looking forward too. Also, we have our six month Dr's visit on Friday and we plan to give Isabella her first solid foods this weekend. We're starting out with Rice Cereal unless the Doctor tells us otherwise. Eric and I are looking forward to baby food, we're hoping to make a lot of it ourselves. I also hope that we have a child who has as much love for food as we do. Who knows, sushi or chicken strips?


~Trish


P.S. I hope I spelled Nicki's name right, sorry if you spell it differently, chaulk it up to new mom brain.

1 comment:

Carisa Chee Photography said...

I love that you keep your blog updated with new pics! Thanks for helping me to stay connected to all of you, even though I'm across the country! Love you all!