Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reason number 42,734 why I love my wife...

So, like every other set of parents, we have a bedtime routine for getting Bella to sleep. Mostly this involved Trish doing it all - pre-bed diaper change, nursing, and then getting her to sleep, typically with a few sweet songs as Bella drifts to sleep. While this is going on, I'll usually finish dishes from dinner...or more likely a beer. But the other night, when Bella was a bit fussy and Trish was taking a bath, it hit me as to how lucky I am to have my wife. I was sitting there, trying to think of a song to sing to Bella, when I could only come up with two (I don't think "Honky Tonk Woman" would really be considered appropriate) to sing. And them I recalled all the wonderful songs that Trish sings to Bella, songs I've never heard before but that she sings so beautifully. And it made me thankful for having such a beautiful, talented wife who sings like an angel, and who can use her talents to put our baby girl to sleep. Because if I had to sing Bella to sleep, well, let's just say she'd talk a whole lot sooner, "dad, please stop singing, you're terrible."

I truly am a lucky man to have such a gorgeous, talented wife and such a beautiful daughter. 'Tis the good life.

4 comments:

Proud 'Boom Friend said...

Well said dude, well said.

Nelson said...

Was the other song Some Girls? You need to teach Bella about the Stones now before she learns about them on the street.

Becca Booth said...

I used to laugh at Chad's song choices...but they are some of Scout's favorites now! :) And...can you um, pass this info on to my hubbie, um...he might need a reminder! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.