Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Neuteboom/Wells visit Part I and Summer Update.

Wow, What an amazing summer! I would have blogged more except we were having too much fun. Bella and I took this summer by storm. We spent every Tuesday and the Library, Most Wednesdays at Playgroup and in July Bella took an Art Class at the Lawrence Arts Center. In addition, I broke out my tap shoes again and took Tap at the Arts Center Tuesday nights.
I did have to work some this summer but it was pretty fun. I taught 4 drama camps ( a week long each) at The Arts Center and did A LOT of curriculum and professional development for the upcoming school year. It has been an action packed summer.

To begin, For our Staycation, we had Eric's family out from Colorado to visit us over the 4th of July weekend. That includes his folks, Connie (Mimi) and J.P. (Poppy Boom) and his sister Heidi with her husband Chris, and their two boys Gabe (over 3) and Paul (1yr). We were so excited to have them all out since it had been a couple of years since Heidi and the boys had been able to visit, and Paul's first trip to KS. We had so much fun in fact that I have to blog about it in three parts. so for this first post I'd like to share our fun Bowling pictures with you.

One of the first things we did on the trip was hit up Royal Crest Lanes for some bowling. It was such a blast. I have rarely had so much fun bowling since watching Gabe and Bella on their own lane with bumpers was well worth the price of admission.




































































Eric and I had a blast too although he was making pouty face in this pic. I think I told him to smile and this is what he came up with.













Paulie Bear with Poppy Boom. Paulie is watching intently so he can dominate the bowling lanes in a year or so.



















"No Kisses Daddy!!!"















It was a blast and a whole new experience now that Bella kind of gets the idea of Bowling. We'll be hitting up those lanes again soon.

~Trish

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow you were busy this summer! Time flew and I feel like we didn't get half of the stuff done I had hoped. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. :)