Sunday, August 28, 2011

Colorado Vacation Part I: The Lawrence Neutebooms Descend on Colorado Springs

We were lucky to have the next major event of the summer be our own Vacation out to Colorado to see the Neuteboom/Wells Clan. It was really fun to get to see Eric's family with only a month wait in between. Bella especially loved getting to see her Cousin Gabe and baby Paul so soon after their trip out to KS. Those three are going to cause a lot of trouble very soon!

With only a couple weeks of summer remaining we hit the road bright and early at 3am. Eric and I find that this is the best time to leave since Bella sleeps for the first 1/2 of our 8-9 hour trip leaving us only a few hours of time to kill in the car. The portable DVD player and a few stops help as well. Bella is an excellent road trip buddy, She enjoys movies, playing games and reading in the car. Plus Eric and I love to travel together, it's one of the first things that made me fall in love with him, how much fun he is on road trips!

We arrived in Colorado around lunchtime on a Friday. After leaving a very balmy 100+ degree KS, we were thrilled at the nice cool slightly stormy Colorado. We enjoyed playing at Mimi's and had a wonderful dinner each night OUTSIDE! With Connie and J.P. and often Heidi, Chris, Gabe and Paul.





















































A night or two into the trip, Mimi even pulled out Eric's old Leggos, I'm not sure who was more excited, Bella or Eric.


















































Connie and J.P.'s Colorado house is one of the most warm and welcoming places I've ever been to. From the first time that Eric brought me home I have always felt a part of the family and as if it was my home as well. It is such a joy to get away and spend time in Colorado with the people we love so dearly. Thanks Connie and J.P. for an amazing vacation!

No comments: