Monday, March 9, 2009

Oscar Night and Beyond!


The gowns, the movies, the glamour. Oscar night is a fave of the Neuteboom family and Eric and I have started a tradition. We make a fancy meal and watch the Oscars. Then as movies we want to see come up we make a list and add it to our Netflix cue the next day so we can get updated. In the past, we've usually known a bit about the 5 best picture nominees but this year we were in the dark on a lot of things. It was definitely not the best Oscars ever but the tradition was still a blast. Here is Bella in her Oscar Night outfit (we had just happened to go shopping earlier that day) In the second picture she is showing you how she feels about watching the speeches, none of us were too thrilled with the set up this year.




We were however, very thrilled with the dinner Daddy made. Filet's with asparagus, potato pancakes and a Bearnaise sauce (Actually I think it ended up being Hollandais because we were out of the Bearnaise packets). Doesn't it look like this meal could be on Top Chef, check out the presentation. The meal was worth a thousand Oscar nights.




So I know It's been a while since I posted, it sure is hard to pin down this once a week thing. But I've got some great pictures to get you updated. Here Bella and I catch a nap one night as Daddy cooks dinner.




Also, as much as I want Spring I was really excited for the super cold day we got last week, Bella was able to wear her Pink Bear outfit again and I got some great shots.




We also had a chance to snap a quick family portrait, We even got the cats in on this one. Sadly there will never be a family portrait with the three of us, both cats and the dog. The dog would try to eat the cats and no one would be willing to freeze for a picture.



NO DADDY! You can't have the remote!






And last but not least, Bella has been cooing up a storm, If she knew words we'd have epic monologues from her. Here's a great shot of her talking to Daddy in the mirror.




Our Baby girl grows more beautiful by the day. I've got a great post I'm planning to construct in the next couple of days to prove that point.

Stay Tuned

~Trish

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Love the Oscar night outfit! I'm guessing you'll see babies her age wearing knock-offs of Bella's outfit in the next few weeks....