Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgivings

















Yes, there was more than one Thanksgiving for the growing Neuteboom Family, In fact during the last couple of weeks we've had three Thanksgiving meals and tons of Turkey leftovers.

It all began on November 22nd with our annual Friends Thanksgiving.....
Loren came over the night before to hang out and wake up early to smoke a Turkey with Eric. Here are the boys working on that delicious Turkey, Looks pretty good huh. When Eric finished carving it he made turkey stock from scratch and we had a fantastic Turkey soup for a couple of weeks. I baked my usual pumpkin pie although this year I slacked a little bit and used pumpkin from a can and frozen crusts. I know you are all slightly disappointed but I just didn't have the energy for the whole pumpkin pie extravaganza. They still turned out yummy.
























Next, Thanksgiving itself arrived and we had two meals in one day, This is a normal tradition for the Averill family and a new one for Eric. First we went to Topeka to visit my Grandpa Rice at the nursing home, He looked great, no tubes or nothin! He was also quite taken aback by my big ole belly, It's been a while since we've seen him. We then went to my Grandma Averill's nursing home and met up with My dad's side of the family for a big Turkey, stuffing and meal with all the works. Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures.

After that meal we came back to L-Town for a smaller family meal. We were thrilled to have Granny Sook join us for a Thanksgiving dinner which not only included Turkey, it had an even better main attraction; Goose. It was quite a feast. After dinner we celebrated Eric's Birthday and played games for the rest of the evening. It was perfectly relaxing and indulgent all at the same time. I LOVE Thanksgiving!

First here is a picture of Baby Boom saying hi to Granny Sook. Baby was moving quite a bit, even after all that Turkey.

















Three, almost four generations in one shot. Pretty hot girls huh.

















Dad was very proud of his Goose, He just kept hollering about how great "his Goose was cooked" Uncle Tim would have been proud.



















Here's a chance to see Eric at his best, Carving a Turkey........Leg. (We already had the Goose, no one figured we'd need a whole turkey.)


















I hope everyone had as fun a day as Eric and I did, we were spoiled rotten with good food, company and family. I can't wait for baby's first Thanksgiving next year.

~Trish

No comments: