Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trish Weekend

Last weekend was so fantastic that if I had in fact taken over the country in my adulthood as Queen and implemented a Trish weekend, it would have been quite similar to last weekend. I was spoiled rotten, but recovered back to my sickeningly sweet nature.
It began on Friday with my birthday. Before work Eric and Bella treated me to breakfast and dropped me off at work. I had a nice day at school where my students found out it was my birthday and decorated my board as well as shouting across a quiet classrooms or loud hallways "Happy Birthday Boom." Then after school my husband and daughter picked me up and we headed home to open presents.
















I got some beautiful clothes for work and summer as well as a gift certificate for a hair cut and color from my husband and In-Laws. It was perfect because I've been whining for weeks about cutting my hair, now that Bella has discovered how to grab and pull on it. I'm getting a mom cut, before and after shots will appear on the blog.
We then headed out for a Sushi dinner at WA, I was so excited to get my own set of chopsticks as well as their super weird but yummy birthday dessert. It was a great turnout for dinner including, Mel, Randall, Bart, Shep, Nelson, Gaus, Emily and of course Bella and Eric. We had a blast and Bella even stayed pretty relaxed. The food was amazing as always and Gaus and Emily bought me a Funnel Cake maker that I'm SUPER pumped to try out.
Below, Bella and I at Wa, check out my super awesome bruise on my wrist/arm I got playing softball. I don't bat right, Eric says it's because I don't roll my wrist when I swing, so the end of the bat hits my arm. Makes for a great bruise to freak out the Jr. High kids.
















Saturday arrived and we made our weekly trip to the Farmer's Market. Eric kept insisting that it was not in fact a Trish Weekend and I really only got Friday and Sunday, but I enjoyed my day Saturday as well. After the Market Eric headed off for what became a ridiculously long round of golf and I headed over to the Averill house, one of the great advantages of having my parents in town is the ability to go over to their house and nap while they watch the baby. Thanks Mom and Dad! That evening we headed over to the Gaus house for a BBQ and then Eric and Bella dropped me off at the Arts Center so I could enjoy my dad's new play "There's an Eyeball in my Soup" which was wonderful.

Sunday arrived with a beautiful morning where my loving husband willingly woke up with Isabella and let me sleep in for mother's day. We then met up with Nanna, Poppie, Laurie and Charles for a Mother's Day brunch at the Eldridge.
The three Mama's at Brunch

















Nanna and Bella

















Laurie and Bella

















Brunch was really good even though they charged us for coffee and juice which on a normal Saturday/Sunday brunch is included. We thought that was a bit cheap. Some of you may know that we have a love/hate relationship with the Eldridge sometimes they're great, sometimes they rip us off. We haven't boycotted them yet though. Bella also made a new friend with the super cute 6month old baby girl Lucy at the next table. Babies are so cute together!

After Brunch we went home to change and head out to the softball fields (Eric was not looking forward to playing after consuming mass amounts of incredible brunch foods) I was team babysitter and got to hang out with Keegan and Bella at the game. We played a really nasty team called "those guys" and they truly live up to their name. They swore at us, the umpire and one guy even got in Eric's face and threatened him, I had to continue to remind him that day that it was more than okay for him not to punch the guy! There was even a dugout clearing moment when I though we were all going to throw down. In hindsight it was kind of exciting. We're not playing those guys again though, some people don't seem to understand the meaning of COED class C, beer drinking softball.

Luckily we had one more exciting event to finish off the weekend. We headed over to my folks to enjoy a birthday/mother's day cookout. I had requested steak, artichokes and an ice cream cake. Dad whipped up some amazing steaks and Eric and I picked up the cake. We didn't really take into consideration the weekend and the fact that ice cream cake might be popular, so Eric had to just grabbed the smallest available. It tasted great but the picture on the top was a little scary, granted she's a red head but it makes me wonder who decorates the Dairy Queen cakes?

















Mom opened her Mother's Day card in which I included a very sappy letter about how Mother's Day carries a whole new meaning to me now. We also bought her a bottle of her favorite wine and bubble bath, ironically she bought me the same bubble bath for my birthday, it's one we both love.
Isabella and I watching Nanna read her letter

















3 Generations!

















From my parents I got a Spa Pedicure and Manicure so this week I was able to book a full Salon Day as soon as school is out. Like I said earlier, I'll post some before and after pictures. I'm gonna be pretty and relaxed!

So that sums up what I like to call Trish Weekend. Thanks to all of you who called, e-mailed, or facebooked me a happy birthday and Mother's Day, both were awesome.

~Trish

1 comment:

Loralei D. Adams said...

Happy Birthday Trish! Summer break is almost here, and we can't wait for Belle to come play, and you too.