
So I got into my car the other day and looked around. Sitting in my pink button up blouse, suit pants, and practical shoes I looked around and saw the GPS system on the windshield, the carseat base in the back and it hit me. Oh Crap, I'm a real adult! When did that happen?
Tomorrow I turn 27, not a huge birthday but pretty special since two days from that I get to celebrate my first Mother's Day. I can't believe it. I'm a MOM! I have a beautiful baby, A handsome and incredible husband who is already spoiling me rotten, and a job I love. I'm one Lucky Lady.
And the exciting part is... It's real, This is my life and it's incredible. I'm on track in terms of my childhood ideas of what I thought adulthood should be like(minus my amazing takeover of the United States to become Queen and have everyone wait on me hand and foot.)
So even with; budget cuts to the district looming, a country wide recession, the possibility that like Stephan King's Novel "The Stand" The media will tell us that we may all be systematically wiped out by the virus formerly known as the swine flu(which in actuality seems to not be a very bad virus.) I've got it in perspective, I have a family and we're happy, healthy, and surrounded by all of our amazing family and friends. We are so lucky.
So there it is, I'm an adult, a wife, a mother and It's my turn to take care of my beautiful family. I'm so excited I've made it to this place. I can't wait to continue to learn, grow and become "real" adult while staying young at heart.
So Cheers to you all, my friends and family, the support system that I would be loathe to live without. You all enrich my life and without you I wouldn't be the same and probably wouldn't be able to write such a nostalgic and silly post.

We have an exciting weekend ahead and some grand adventures from the past few weeks to post, so you'll hear from me and get pictures soon.
Trish
Images found at
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SccRrOTE4ac/ScTIQDXyMyI/AAAAAAAAAnY/EfHKlZxxtlI/s400/BestMothersDayCard.gif
and www.andertoons.com

No comments:
Post a Comment