
Yesterday Bella hit the one month mark. I can't believe how time is flying, especially with still getting up 4-5 times a night! So here's a bunch of pictures to show you what we've been up to this month. Above is a nice artsy photo of Isabella, Daddy likes taking these....a lot... Daddy also likes playing Guitar Hero, here's a great shot of my father and Eric playing a round while Nana holds Isabella. Where am I you may ask? Taking full advantage of not having a baby in my arms and doing chores. Oh the sweet life!


We went to visit Eric at work but those pictures are on another camera so this is the one I have of the cute outfit I planned to take her to GCSAA in. It's says Daddy's girl, however, during one of our diaper changes the pants were an innocent bystander to a drive by pooping. We then switched to the cute green sweater she's been going out in a lot. It was made by Beth Deringer and we've had more compliments on it then I can count. Thanks Beth.


Last Friday we took full advantage of the beautiful weather and took a short trip downtown. We first stopped into Salon Di Marco so I could get my bangs trimmed (No Eric YOU MAY NOT TRIM MY BANGS) Perhaps I'll let him have a try at Bella's when she gets older, I hear Jonsey has become quite the Daddy hair cut artist, I suppose he can teach Eric a few tricks. Here is Isabella with my Stylist and friend Tara, Then us at Lunch at Vermont street BBQ. It was fun but I spent most of the time worrying about whether or not she was hungry, odd since she slept right through it. While discussing Vermont Street BBQ I need to give a shout out to the Mac and Cheese Bites. Wow, I loves me some mac n cheese bites, if you've never had them, fix that problem pronto.


Later that night we heard Jack was in town so we headed down to Johnny's for a bite and some socializing. Jack and Brenda didn't know we had a baby so it was a pleasant surprise. Isabella slept the whole time which was amazing since it was so noisy. But we got some great time with Jack as well as with the Jones family.
Here are the boys having a beer and holding a baby.

Evelyn got to meet Isabella, She was pretty curious but a little more interested in the task of putting as much marinara on her cheese stick as possible before it got to her mouth. It's okay, They have plenty of time to become best friends and then fight over Grey!

A Jones Family portrait.... with our baby as well!

The Girls

In addition to these outings, I've started going to a couple of support/play groups with Bella. It's been great to meet more mom's and babies. The groups have been really fun and a great way to let my social butterfly out of the house. Yesterday we took a picture of all the babies to look back on in a couple of months. I'll try to get a copy and post it on the blog. Isabella was the smallest, she's so petite!
Here's another Eric Arsty photo, Isn't she perfect!

We started a bottle a few nights back, we're adding one every other night to start getting her used to it. She's done a fantastic job and did a full feeding the other night. Here is Daddy's first time feeding the baby. He loved it (I on the other hand had to stand in the background and hide my tears, It was weird letting someone else feed her, although it will be very nice in the future)

So that's what we've been up to this first month. She still hasn't quite worked out her days and nights so I'm up every two hours or so, last night she did a 4 1/2 hour stretch which was great. Hooray for 3 hours of sleep in a row.
I'm currently researching and talking to people about the use of a pacifier, I haven't decided if we're going to give her one so if you've got any tips let me know.
~Trish

5 comments:
I will alert Grey to the potential girl drama!!! She really is perfect you guys! And, as an aside I have to tell you, Trish, that I strongly related to holding back tears when you were watching Eric feed her. It makes me feel less crazy to know you did it too! I actually got tearful when Grey moved from newborn diapers to size one. Damn post partum hormones. I don't know much about pacifiers, Grey was and continues to be a thumb sucker which is good for self soothing, but he may be like in sixth grade sucking his thumb, thereby preventing any girl drama....hmmm.....
Hello Trish and Isabella! Yes we have been stopping by to check up on you all. Baby girl, you have a great mommy and you are going to have a blast growing up with your parents :) When you get a little older we are going to have to have a play date and get you two together... I have quite the ladies man on my hands..hehehe...Now you give your mommy some sleep!
Kelly and Brecken
SOOTHIES!!!!! I swear by them, Gabe loved them. And the nice thing was he weined himself off of them. No thumb sucking or anything like that. Thank goodness. Now for just a scary second our pediatrition also said they help prevent SIDS at night. It supposedly helps the baby from going into to deep of sleep by having something in their mouth. Whether it's true or not, I dunno but we did it. The soothies also resemble brest feeding it's more of a natural shape for the baby. I LOVE my neice and can't wait to see here soon.
I second the Soothies and SIDS comments! She really is amazing Trish! I love stopping by and seeing where I will be in a few months. I can't believe we are going to have kiddos so close in age! I too cried when Chad gave Scout a bottle. I full on boo-hooed and it took everything for me not to snatch her back! But it was worth it in the end and gave me a little bit of "me" back. What are the support groups? I'm interested for when Truman arives!
I will cut your bangs Trish. I'm an experienced bangs cutter, I've done my daughter's bangs two times in a row now, and she's a squirmer.
My girls love the mac and cheese bites at Vermont Street. I don't dig them, but they sure do.
Evey had a pacifier, it was a good time. Plus, she gave it up without hassle. I remember we tried going without one, but there were times when she just cried and cried, and the pacifier calmed her right down.
Post a Comment