Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Uncle Jonesy's House of Bangs, Nails and Cigars

Late Breaking News: Isabella had a quick Dr's apointment last Wednesay and is up to 8lbs 9oz!

Now Post Time:
I've been excited about that title all week! We had a fantastic time last Thursday evening with friends and family. First up we had a visit from my Aunt Pat and my Granny Sook (Mom's sister and mom). Isabella was overjoyed to meet one of her Great Grandmothers and her Great Aunt Pat. We were also excited to show off the house which Granny had not been to yet and previously referred to as the Sin Den when we were "Living in Sin".

















In addition to all the excitement of seeing family we finally got to sit down and take a picture with the three of us. This is the second picture we've taken in six weeks. We really need to break out that tripod.


















After their visit and a bath we headed over to the Jones household for the evening. It was great for Bella to meet Grandma Judy (yes she will probably be confused for a while about how many grandma's, aunts, and uncles she actually has) And to spend some time with Evey and Adro while the boys enjoyed a cigar on the porch.
















We did have a run in with Giant Elmo (for more details on Giant Elmo see the Especially Evey blog) But all ended well when he decided to cuddle instead of eat my baby.

















Then the best part of the evening, I got out of my first baby nail trim. Somehow I convinced Seth, who by the way has taken on the daddy grooming responsiblities quite well, to trim Bella's nails for her. He did an excellent job and I would highly reccomend his services. I do hold out faith that Eric will pick up a few tricks from him and learn over time.


















So it was a delightful evening with friends and family and we've been hermits since. This weekend we spent our time cleaning the house and getting Eric ready to head for his annual trade show in a week. Bella and I are bummed that he'll be gone but we have Grandma Connie coming to help us out. Not only will she be closing on her new fab Lawrence Condo but she'll aslo be doing some serious middle of the night baby rocking. Be prepared Connie, I'm currently typing this at 4:21 in the morning because she's not too keen on the sleeping right now!

~Trish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't Mom tell you she's buying a bed first thing for her new condo!! She's already done her sleepless nights with Eric and I. Lol. =) I can't wait till March or April, then that baby is MINE!!!!! Give my niece a kiss.

Seth said...

I really believe that trimming the baby's fingernails the first couple times is almost as terrifying as the actual birthing process. I was always convinced I was going to cut off one of the tips of Evey's fingers. She's over two, though, and still has all her fingers (thankfully).

I like the title. But don't forget the kegerator and arcade games. Maybe we throw enough words in there, we'll be able to come up with a cool acronym.

jenjo said...

k and i were just loving catching up -- call me when you can... love you - jj