Saturday, May 29, 2010

Staycation 2010: Day 2

This morning Bella woke up around 5:30am halfheartedly. As soon as I picked her up from the crib she put her head on my shoulder and fell right back to sleep, I thought since it was Staycation and all that I'd just bring her back to bed and cuddle up. It was wonderful, she slept until 7:3o when my amazing husband woke up with her to start the day, he let me sleep in and I crawled out of bed around 9:30am, what luxury! Eric was very pleased to find that Bella's appetite has returned, in addition to a full 24 hours without a fever, and she wolfed down a fruit plate and cereal. We discovered throughout the day that not only is her appetite back, but she also made up for the two days of finicky eating. After our leisurely breakfasts the whole family headed outside. We admired the garden and Eric even took some artsy shots of the beautiful lilies .







































After his momentary laps into artsy fartsyness Eric washed the truck, he was excited to get some before and after shots.
Before

















After

















I'm always so impressed with how good the truck looks, especially after a wash. Can you believe that truck is 12 or so years old! Eric assures me that my car's bath is to follow tomorrow.

While Eric worked on the truck, Bella and I played and ate lunch outside behind him. I don't think there is anything Bella loves more than being outside, she can even clearly say the word outside, it is part of her huge vocabulary. We played in the chairs and of course with the much loved sidewalk chalk which will undoubtedly be a huge part of our summer vacation.

































Another part of our summer vacation will be naptime, I'm soooo excited to get to take naps during the day. I love sleep, I love naps, and I love napping with my baby. So today I was lucky enough to not only sleep in but also get a 2 hour nap, this staycation ROCKS! After nap, Bella and I oohhed and awed at Eric's truck washing skills and then we all headed to the patio to play in the pool. We still haven't quite got the timing right on when to fill the pool so it's not freezing when we want to swim, today was better but still cold so we didn't swim too long.

All the activity of the day had worn us out, we then lounged around the house with a beautiful, although a little grumpy baby. We played games, watched T.V. and ate A LOT of snacks and food. It was awesome.































>

After Bella went to bed Eric began to create our next Top Chef meal of the weekend. Garlic Tilapia with long grain rice and homemade rolls. He continued his day of perfect husband and daddyhood in allowing me to blog and rest as he completed the below meal.


















Another summer tradition I would like to begin is the making of exotic drinks to enjoy with Eric and girlfriends that I can get to come lounge on my patio with me . This summer's first creation begins with watermelon infused vodka. Eric bought a huge watermelon yesterday as you have seen in the previous post. We had enough watermelon to fill two Tupperware containers with cubes and slices and enough to soak in vodka creating our own Bourgeois Pig esk mixture. It's been sitting for a full 24hours as of today and Eric has promised to make me something fun tomorrow. Woo Hoo for refreshing summer drinks! I even have new pampered chef martini glasses to use!






















To finish off our evening, we are lounging on the couch, flirtatiously fighting over the remote and enjoying each other's company. I sure do LOVE my family!
~Trish

No comments: