Monday, May 31, 2010

Stacation 2010: Day 4, the Final Countdown.

Countdown to what you may ask...well... Eric has to go to work tomorrow.....hee hee.
Our final day of staycation was a blast. Eric woke up early to start smoking a brisket for our BBQ in the evening and once Bella woke up we headed downstairs to play. Today was the first day Bella really seemed well again and back to her normal self. She hasn't had a fever in three days and other symptoms have also subsided. HOORAY!! Bella and I even made a outing today to Wal-Mart (Sorry Tracy) I found 6 shirts and 2 summer dresses for under $50. Plus I bought some clothes for Eric and Bella. I also feel better today although I'm not back to normal yet.

Around 3:00pm my folks came over to celebrate Memorial day with us. Bella and I got dolled up in some clothes featuring American colors and I made Potato Salad. It is adorable to see Bella with her Grandparents (both sides, we did miss being with the Neutebooms as well this weekend) She was saying Nana and Mimi all afternoon.























Our first game of the evening was Guitar Hero and I think Eric beat me for the first time since we've owned the game.
























The evening was wonderful, domino's, ladderball, brisket and potato salad, and once Nana put Bella to bed we enjoyed a patio night with the folks.

Here is the Final Top Chef meal of the weekend. Smoked Briskett with homemade potato salad and rolls.


























































Bella even sort of let us play domino's. Nana left the game early to entertain her.














































































Now we're lounging around watching Mad Men and getting ready to get back to the grind. Well, Eric is anywahy, I'm thrilled to begin my two month stint as a stay at home mom!
Staycation 2010 is at an end! Adios!

No comments: