Wednesday, April 28, 2010

St Patrick's Day

Okay, so we're a couple of months off. What can I say, life happens. We have so many great pictures from that day that I had to go ahead and post even if it was delayed. So here goes.

We had the BEST St. Patrick's Day I can remember ( and there have been some spectacular ones) That morning Eric had to get some work done so Bella and I headed over the Averill's to hang out with Poppie. Nana was driving back from Ohio and planned to meet us for dinner. At Poppie's we played, napped and danced with our toys ( an example here of Bella's hands behind her hips dance and some chill time with Poppie) I also want to give a shout out to this adorable St. Patrick's Day outfit, I love cheesing it up for any holiday, no matter how big or how small!






















We also had the foresight to park Poppie's truck downtown the night before and feed the meters a couple of times so we would have rock star seats for the Parade. This is one of the best ideas we've had in a long time, it made going to the parade significantly easier and we were able to sit and relax as we watched it go by. We were joined in our truck by The Rood Brood, Ceri and Perrin, Nici and anyone else who popped by. It was a great party.

















mmm....cookie









Some of our Favorite Floats, The Sandbar always takes the cake.

















After the parade we headed home for another short nap and to cook. I made my traditional Irish feast for my folks, and the Lampe's. We had Spinach/Artichoke dip (this recipe is becoming a huge hit at any get together .) Corned Beef with Cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Irish Beer Bread and Guinness Black and White Mousse. It was delicious, I was so glad Mom made it back in time to join us. I chalk this up to a truly GREAT St. Patty's Day.

~Trish

No comments: