Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bella's Fairy Tree

When I was about 8 years old my Mother announced she was pregnant again. Will and I were pretty excited about having a sibling but sadly she miscarried the baby in the late 1st or early 2nd trimester, I was too young to truly understand or remember how hard it must have been. But what is beautiful about this is when they lost the baby my parents decided to plant a tree in memory of their child. It is a weeping willow that is planted in the backyard. Recently they have added something magnificent to this already sentimental tree, they have created a beautiful playhouse for their granddaughter and named it her Fairy tree. Within the drooping leaves Dad has cut out a door and set up two little chairs and a table. The roof of her playhouse consists of hanging branches dotted with beautiful windchimes. Three light wicker balls live in a basin attatched to the trunk of the tree and Bella gleefully places them in and out of their stationary basket. As I watch my beautiful daughter play I can only think that she's eagerly watched over by my brother Luke who was not quite ready to come into this world. It's a truly magical place that will grow with her and I can't wait to see the stories, and adventures that take place in her own little fairy world. Thank you Mom and Dad for sharing something so special with us.
~Trish

No comments: