Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Isabella Neuteboom says "Happy Birthday America!"

I love getting to share so many firsts with Bella. This year was her first fourth of July and she did awesome. She wasn't even scared by fireworks, only occasionally midly annoyed. Independence day is one of Eric and my favorite holidays. It gives us the chance to cook, blow things up and wear tacky clothing that screams out "I love America" We even had British Jill here to claim independence from, it is great. In addition to our foreing visitor we also had some Boston relatives in town, my cousin Jen and her husband Kerry and two beautiful children Wilber and Mahela( not sure if I spelled that right) So we did it up right. AND the Neutebooms came out for the holiday as well so Bella was surrounded by all her grandparents, relatives and friends. To begin the day Connie, Bells and I headed to Topeka to march in and watch a couple of parades. We met up with at Uncle Tom and Aunt Jeff's to march in the Potwin parade with Wilber and Uncle Tom on the bagpipes. Then we headed to another parade to watch a whole group of Pipers.
Here we are decked out in our best Amercian gear with Mimi and Aunt Libby.

















Tom and Wilber in their Scottish kilts.

















Uncle Tom is playing us the song he wrote for Bella, it's wonderful.























Bella can sleep through anything, this is what she did for the entire second parade. There was even a marching band, and a bagpipe band, and loud cars that she slept through.


















Kerry and I enjoying the parade


















Jen and her beautiful babies. We had so much fun playing with our new cousins. Mahela is only 3 months older so we got to see the fun stuff we'll be able to do in three months.

















We then headed back to Lawrence for a rest and to head over to the big BBQ at the Averill's. While the girls were in Topeka, Eric and J.P. hung around the house and Eric smoked a brisket, ribs and made homemade BBQ sauce for the festivities later ( I personally LOVED the BBQ sauce, I'm one lucky lady with a super chef for a husband). He even baked a cake that I proudly decorated. America style!

















Uncle Tom brought the small pipes to Lawrence and more music commenced.

















Mimi and Grandpa Boom enjoying the beautiful weather.

















Bad Uncle Willie helps all the little ones blow stuff up!


































My beautiful family.














I tried to help Bella out and cover her ears during the loud fireworks, she wasn't a big fan.























Isabella with her doting Grandmothers. What a lucky, and will be very spoiled girl!


















Uncle Will with Liliana and Bella

















Cousin Kari with Lili and a new little sister on the way any day now.















It was a wonderful feast full of lots of family and friends. Jaq and Joe even braved the Averill/Rosen/Neuteboom Clan to come see Bella and hang out. Isabella didn't mind the fireworks and even got to stay up late. She was a trooper. I can't wait until she gets to be about 4 or 5 and really appreciates the blowing things up part. That's the part I always loved best as a kid. I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th, ours was the best ever!
That's Literally how we put the BOOM in Neuteboom!
~Trish

No comments: