
No no, not the Ryan Lantz variety (sadly).
Yesterday Bella had her two month (holy shit, has it really been two months?) checkup. She is doing great! Her weight is a bit below par (she tipped the scales at 9lb, 1oz - and peed/pooped out two or three more ounces before hitting the scale, all over the office), but is nothing we're concerned about. The Dr explained that this is mostly a reflection of her low birth weight. She's measuring well, and my takeaway is that her weight gain will follow. But she's moving well, is tracking well, and is as healthy as anyone has any right to ask. We're very thankful.
The other big part of the visit was her series of shots. I'd name them all here if I remembered, but there were four total (three with needles, and another taken orally). She (Bella) did well, but her parents, not so much. It's very hard to watch your child in pain, and this may have been the first time for all of us. After a little blood and a lot of tears, it was over, and we headed home. A little ice cream helped mom and dad out too. As soon as B is older, I'm sure she'll get her treat too. I look forward to starting traditions like that with her.
In other news, my leave has started! Woooo!!! I'll be doing some small amounts of work from home, but otherwise I'm a full-time dad for the next two to three months. Hopefully Bella is as excited as her dad. More adventures in fatherhood soon, I'm sure...

No comments:
Post a Comment