Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bella's First Trip to the Renissance Festival

One of my favorite memories of growing up was going to the Renaissance Festival in Kansas City. I remember it as a truly magical place where you can walk through living history and be transported back to England in the middle ages. I had forgotten however, how totally kid friendly it is as well. It is a wonderland for adults and children alike. Now, I'm not saying it's not also a little cheesy with actors and everyday people who go a bit over the top. But it is sure a heck of a lot of fun.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Amanda's husband, Josh, was able to get tickets to the Ren Fest for Amanda, Sarah, Bella and I. We let our husbands off the hook for this trip since we wanted a girls only day but I think it's a place that Eric would enjoy as well so I plan to drag him with me next year. So early on a Sunday morning we left our house to arrive in Merry Old England.

We arrived before the gates had officially opened and listened to Queen Isabella inform us that her son had met a lovely girl at a ball and was in search of her after she fled (It was Cinderella Day) And that he better find her by 6:00pm which was the Royal Wedding. As we entered the gate, Prince Charming was desperately looking for his bride and was even willing to try the slipper on Bella's foot. It was too cute, and he was very nice. She wasn't quite to sure about the whole thing but the rest of us got huge kick out of it.


























We then saw our first performance. A magician who was a wonderful showman and a pretty good magician as well. He even dragged Amanda up on stage to help him with one of his tricks.


























We then walked around the park and found a variety of life sized cut outs where we could put our faces on a variety of characters from the past.

Bella the Mermaid


















Me as Henry VIII


















Sarah as Queen Elizabeth I












And my very Favorite, Bella as Puss N Boots












Bella's favorite thing all day was probably the bubble machine we found.








































Or maybe the petting zoo,



























Or the games,












or the Playground! Like I said, it was GREAT for kids.



























We had such a wonderful day of eating, shopping and laughing at people with bad British accents. Bella got her first pair of wings that she will be wearing with her bumblebee Halloween costume and the rest enjoyed the day eating and shopping. What a perfect way to spend a Sunday.


Thanks Amanda and Sarah!

~Trish

No comments: