Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!



















First a big cheers to all the great Father's out there. Sadly, not all father's are great so those of you who landed a good one, make sure to hug them and remind them of how special they are. I am one of the lucky ones who landed not only a Great father but, an OUTSTANDING father. My daddy is one of the kindest, most compassionate, talented, charming and funny people I know. Plus, like a fine wine ( which he always thought to be a very pretentious drink) He only grows better with age. Watching my father with my baby is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. So here are a couple memories I'd like to share of my amazing father, and Bella's outstanding Poppy.























Memory #1: My own childhood was beautiful, a loving home, great family and great friends. My father was a huge part of that. Even though he often traveled he remained a constant in my life. One of my favorite experiences with him is going to any theme park. We would always ride the rides together while Mom and Will stayed as far away from the roller coasters as they could get. The countless hours in line, minutes of pure excitement and just me and Dad time that we shared at all those theme parks is so special to me. It was my time with my Daddy and it was perfect!

Memory #2: Watching my father with Isabella is incredible. Of course, I don't ever remember him being that willing to fork over chocolate, or hop of his computer to play with me ( he did, but he literally Jumps away from what he's doing to be with her) But my favorite memory so far is spending the evening at my folks house and Bella's bedtime. Dad will often sit at the piano and play a well known tune or just improvise. As he plays I rock my sweet baby in my arms and listen to the incredible music he gently coaxes out of our old family piano. The first time we all shared this magical moment was last Christmas and I can't wait to share many more with him and with Bella.


















I can't even begin to talk about first hand watching the joys of fatherhood without a very special shout out to my incredible Husband. Having such a wonderful father really sets the bar high for that man you fall in love with and marry. I knew from day one that Eric would live up to that bar and as much as I love my own father, Eric is really taking it up to the next level. Maybe it's the joy I have in my own relationship with Eric or just the fact that I get to be a part of helping him grow as a father but He is truly incredible. From sleepless nights together helping each other get up to attend to the baby, to mall crawls, to Farmer's Market mornings, I love spending time together as a family. Watching Eric with Bella is truly magical, his patience, kindness and true adoration with her is hard to even describe however, I'll try. Here are some special memories of Eric as a father.

Memory 1: Watching him wrestle with Bella is hysterical. That girl already has her daddy wrapped around her finger. Hearing her laugh as they play is the most magical sound I can think of and the equally jovial laughter coming from Eric is music to me. His kindness with her is special and I can't wait to watch all the games, experiences and joys they will share together in our lifetime.

















Memory #2: Eric's selflessness when it comes to Isabella is incredible. He would do anything for her, jump over backwards and even lose sleep without complaint. No matter how tired, ill or feeling out of it Eric always does better and continuing to focus the same love, attention and patience on Bella. She is never a burden to him but always a blessing.



















More of what I feel about Eric as a father is based in emotion as we still have many more experiences to share. There are so many things I look forward to; hearing all about father/daughter trips to the ballpark, the store, the movies, games in the yard. I also can't wait to share the family experiences together of finding our next dream home with a couple more kids in mind, supporting each other through our lives and careers and of course being just the two of us again when the kids grow up and move out. Each experience will be an adventure and I'm so blessed to be on that adventure with the world's greatest dad, husband and best friend. I love you Eric!

A special shout out to some of the other influential Dad's in my life. My father in law J.P. My brother in law Chris, All my Uncles who have been there for there own children and for their nieces and nephews as well. My dear friends who are on this journey the at the same time Sean, Seth, Clint, and the Husbands of my Mommy Mafia group. And of course our dear grandfathers, two out of three have passed on but their legacies as great fathers and grandfather's remain.

So all you Daddy's out there, Enjoy this day, you deserve it!!!

No comments: