
Today is our 2nd Anniversary. We had a chance to celebrate this weekend and had an absolute blast. Isabella got to have her first overnight with Nanna and Poppie (my folks) and Eric and I got our first night of uninterrupted sleep! Of course, we both woke up between 5am and 7am and couldn't get back to sleep, but I suppose that is to be expected.
How did we celebrate you might ask. Well we headed out to the Red Lyon to meet up with a lot of our dear friends that joined us in celebration. Everyone there had a part in our wedding and has a huge part in our lives. It was so fun to have them all around to celebrate. Then we headed back to our house where Eric made me a world class dinner of fillet Mignon (10 oz!) an amazing funny word egg/sweet potato thing, and fresh Tomatoes with mozzarella and basil. We also shared a bottle of Yorkville Cabernet. The bottle was special because we bought it on our way out to Jonah and Yuri's wedding last year around the time of our 1st anniversary. We have been saving it to share on our 2nd ( we probably would have tackled it then if I hadn't been pregnant).
It was an exquisite meal and a wonderful night. Thanks to everyone who was able to come out and celebrate with us.
This time two years ago we had one of the best days of my life. Our wedding was so much fun that I still talk about it whenever someone even thinks of the word wedding. So what do I remember from two years ago?
Highlights:
- Waking up to a torrential rainstorm and crawling into bed next to my mom to plot out how to save the day.
- Taking at least 30 minutes and countless attempts to leave an appropriate phone message for our guests to know we were taking it indoors.
- Getting busted by Janelle for having brought a growler of Free State Beer into Liberty Hall to enjoy pre-wedding.
- Dani's New York Mimosa's
- Being surrounded by my best girlfriends from near and far.
- All my favorite people in attendance
- Our Vows
- The Readings
- Our First Dance to Van Morrison's "Moondance"
- Post-Wedding Gossip with my New Hubby.
- A Great Brunch with Lots of Family.
- What a good Party.
Two years has gone by so quickly and it's truly been two of the happiest years of my life. I can still vividly picture Eric shouting "I love Mexico, and Feliz Navidad" down the streets of Cancun. I have never been more impressed and appreciative of my husband as he supported me through the pregnancy and birth of our beautiful baby girl. I love watching Eric master the art of fatherhood as I stumble through learning the ropes of Motherhood. I truly feel that I Love my husband more every single day. And it's easy to get through tough times knowing that no matter what happens, I love my family and we'll always work together to get through it.
So I hope you didn't think I'd let this post go without a cheesy ending. Heck no, It's our anniversary!
To Eric,
I love you more each day, each moment, and with each breathe I take. You are truly my soul mate and I'm even happier today then the day we exchanged our vows. Everything I said then still holds true and I'm loving this great adventure we have begun. Thank you for your continuing support and love. You are the worlds' best Husband, Father, and Best Friend and I cherish our time together. I love thinking about all the fun things we now get to do as a family. Things that were fun just the two of us that will be even better now with Isabella. Mini golf, vacations, walks, trips to the beach, bike rides, picnics. I could go on forever. I love you so much. Thank you for giving me everything I hold most dear. I love you.
~ That's how we put the 2 year BOOM in Neuteboom!
Trish

1 comment:
Congratulations!!! And Happy Anniversary!!! We love you!!
Post a Comment