Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mommy and Bella's Summer Adventures #2: Lions and Tigers and Great-Grandparents Oh my!

Isabella and I have had so much fun this summer I've hardly had time to update the blog, so there may be many upcoming posts documenting past events.
To start, Isabella and I have had such a fun summer full of playdates, outings and quality Neuteboom women time.
While my cousin Jen and her family were in town we met up with them., Libby, Tom, Jeff, Alex and Grandma Averill at the Topeka Zoo. Isabella and I had to drive in from Lawrence so we got there after everyone else and I didn't get many photos of the day. I did however get this awesome picture of Bella with my Aunt Jeff
















In addition to the zoo we've spent quite a bit of time in Topeka over the summer hanging with family. Here we are with my Granny Sook and Pappy, my moms folks. Pappy just recently was able to finally come home from a long stay at the hospital and Rolling Hills nursing home. I know Granny is glad to have him back and we're all very happy that he's home.



We also went to visit my Grandmother Averill, she loves to have Bella close.

















Towards the end of July Bella and I went to spend the night at Aunt Libby's. I had a test to take at Washburn to try and and and English endorsement to my teaching license and since it was so early in the morning we decided to have a slumber party ( which was WAY more fun then the test). We enjoyed a visit with Grandma, Tai food and Isabella's first crackers. She is now a big fan of crackers and so am I, what a great occupier so I can eat my meal as well!


















In addition to the Topeka Zoo, Isabella and I took the Kansas City Zoo by storm as well. We headed into KC with our friends Kelly and Brecken ( for more about this awesome baby check out Brecken's Blog) There we met up with two other moms and their kids, Ashley and Evan and Crystal and Dalton. It was a hoot watching the four of us taking over the sidewalk with our strollers. My Beautiful Girl at the Zoo.
















Here's Bella near the Elephants, we sadly missed the elephants painting but I'm hoping to catch that next time.






















I called this the Butt Face Monkey, I hope you can see why.

















My favorite animals have to be the Meerkats. I even do a fairly good impression that my cousin caught on camera at the wedding. Here are are the little furballs.

















Here are our mom and baby friends, Ashley and Evan missed the picture because Evan and Bella both fell asleep.
















Speaking of sleeping, apparently everyone takes naps around the same time. The Lions

















Monkeys

















and Bella













The Kansas City Zoo was a blast but it was also huge! We walked around all day and didn't even get a chance to visit a section of the zoo. It was a blast and really nice to spend some time with Kelly and Brecken who are moving to Minnesota. We'll really miss having them around but can't wait to go visit and make fun of the Twins!

That's how we put the BOOM in Neuteboom
Trish

No comments: