September is a glorious time to visit Colorado. I have always LOVED Colorado in the fall so shortly before Quincey turned 1 month old, we decided to brave a road trip to visit the Neutebooms in Colorado Springs. It was an excellent idea and we had a wonderful time. Both girls were fantastic on the road and made the drive easy. We had some wonderful time with the cousins and LOTS of Mimi, Poppy Boom, Auntie Heidi and Uncle Chris snuggles!
We decided to head to Colorado to celebrate Mimi's birthday. It was a very special one and we were thrilled to be able to be there for the celebration. Heidi arranged for us all to have brunch at the Broadmoor, a luxury resort at the base of Pike's Peak. It was phenomenal and we had a chance to get all dressed up.
 |
| The beautiful birthday lady and her handsome son |
After brunch we took several family pictures and a beautiful stroll around the pond in the perfect weather. It was gorgeous.
 |
| Mimi and the grandkids |
 |
| My nephew Paul, I adore this kid! |
 |
| We clean up pretty nice if I do say so myself |
 |
| Colorado and Lawrence Neutebooms Unite! |
 |
| Bella is waiting with open arms to hold her baby sister |
 |
| She's a very proud big sis. |
On Monday we had the opportunity to pick up Cousin Gabe at preschool. The same preschool in fact that Little Eric Neuteboom attended! He has a very nice teacher and adorable classroom. After a an excellent lunch we went back to the folks and Poppy Boom promised the kids $1 a bag to pick up apples that had fallen off their tree in the back yard. Eric got some fun pictures!
 |
| My older nephew Gabe, He rocks! |
It was fairly stormy that week, which I loved (I'm a huge fan of a good Colorado thunderstorm!). We managed to catch one beautiful morning to head to my favorite zoo. The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I love it because you get to hike a mountain while admiring animals, feed the giraffes and play with the birds!
 |
| Lion picture wiwth Daddy |
 |
| Lion with Mommy |
There were two babies at the Zoo this time. We had decided to take Bella only to the zoo and leave Quincey with Mimi and Poppy Boom. We wanted to given Bella some full attention Mommy, and Daddy time. This went well except when we saw this adorable baby gorilla. He was exactly a week older than Quin and I seriously had seperation anxiety!! There was also baby giraffee, only 3 months old.
 |
| This baby Gorilla was only 5 weeks old and soooooo cute! |
The Budgie Buddies exhibit is what makes this zoo my favorite. You literally walk into the avery and hundreds of birds are all around. You can buy a stick of birdseed and they'll fly down to eat it, landing on you! Bella LOVES it even more than Eric and I!
Our final outing was mini-golf. It was the first time we've taken Bella mini-golfing and she had a blast. Ironically enough she refused to listen to Daddy tell her how to putt. She proclaimed that she already knew how. I actually played surprisingly well for having Quincey snuggled up in the baby carrier. In fact, Mimi and I both got a hole in 1. It was awesome.
 |
| Connie and I after our hole in 1. |
Overall, it was a fantastic trip. We had a great time playing with my wonderful nephews Gabe and Paul, excellent dinners at the folks and a lot of time to rest and relax. I'm so glad we made the trip and can't wait for Christmas in Colorado this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment