Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break Vacation

For Spring Break we tagged along with my parents and hit the road for Chillicothe, OH to see my Aunt Pat and her awesome family. Eric had to work, poor guy, so it was just Bella, Nana, Poppy and myself for 14 hours in the car there and back, and man did we have fun!

It was such a relaxing trip. Bella was an excellent travel buddy in the car, and I dominated the alphabet game. Plus we got some great one on one time with the folks. In addition, I got my road trip fixes, I got to eat at Cracker Barrel on the way and Red Lobster on the way back. Overall, our travel time was awesome.

Once we got there my beautiful Aunt took great care of us. We were able to relax around the house and play in "Aunt Pat's playground" A georgous pond with fearless frogs and a playset all right in teh back yard. There is a hot tub there too but being pregnant (and technically allergic to hot tubs--long story) I was not able to indulge.

It was so nice to see my Aunt Pat, Uncle John and awesome cousins. I was thrilled to meet my cousin Tim's lovely fiance Ashley. Here they are!


In addition we saw my cousin Shelli and her lovely daughter Sierra, as well as my cousins Mike and Dan.

One of our days we spent out and about in Chillicothe, We went to an awesome candy store that reminded me of Penny Annie's and then went to a beautiful park where we fed the geese and played in the playground.




We had excellent home cooked dinners at the house cooked by my folks and the Boyles, and man was it impressive to feed all 12 people.


Bella's favorite part was the ice cream for dessert.



Overall it was an awesome way to spend Spring Break! It was a nice distance away by car, and then a couple of relaxing and we returned on Wednesday so Bella and I still had some time to hang out with Eric when we got back.

Hooray for Vacation!

No comments: