Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bella's First Birthday!

Much in the Averill/Neuteboom tradition, Bella didn't just have A birthday, She had a birthday weekend full of presents, fun and activities. Since we've got a lot of pictures, let's get started!

We started the celebrating with opening presents that had been mailed from Uncle Will and Aunt Lucy which included an adorable Bear that Bella loves. We also got a great outfit from the Studzinsky's. Here's Bella playing with Daddy and the Bear while wearing her highly fashionable new clothes. We had Bella's first birthday party on Sunday and were so lucky to celebrate with many great friends and family. Since our house is a little small for such an event we had the party at the Averill's. It was the perfect setting for the event with lots of room to play. My mom even pulled out my old toys and stuffed animals so it was kind of nostalgic for me. I sadly didn't have any Barbies pulled out since they all seemed to have disappeared......hmmm.....I wonder where ALL my Barbies went? Oh wait, my brother took them to use and abuse them in the name of sh***y puppetry. Note to Will: You owe Bella a crap ton of Barbies, I'd get started on that if I were you!


But I digress. Back to the party, Connie is notorious for brilliant cake designs and she lived up to the hype with this beautiful princess cake for Isabella. It turned out perfect!
Opening presents is of course one of the highlights of a good birthday party. It always cracks me up how the older kids tend to take over the opening of presents, we had a blast with help from Megan, Grey, Evey, Jake and of course Mommy. Thanks to all for spoiling Bella with the great toys, books and clothes. Not sure what Clint was doing with that clapper....... Jake gave Bella a basketball that matched his outfit, He was a big fan of that Toy and Grandpa Ric had a blast playing catch with Jake and Keegan.
A House full of people, We are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends!! It was fun to watch Evey help with presents since we've been to all of her birthday parties so far. She was also a HUGE fan of Grandpa Ric. When he disappeared into his office for 10 minutes or so she kept asking "where did that tall boy go?" They all loved the duck voice. Two of Bella's Fairy Godmothers, Tracy and LauraThe second highlight of any good party is the cake. Bella got her own personal birthday cake to demolish and she was hysterical. I'll take you step by step.Upon presentation, Bella wasn't quite sure what to make of it. "Is this ALL for me?" "Okay, if you say so I'll eat it""Whoa, SUGAR!"And then she went for it!
She wanted to share too, here's some for Nana, Grandpa Boom, and Mimi. "Mmmmmmm.......Cake........"All done After cake the party wined down and we had fun playing with the Jones/Romero family. Evey and Bella played with Bella's new Pony but I think Evey enjoyed the Bow most. Three hot ladies! After everyone left the Neutebooms and Averills enjoyed dinner and football and Bella fell asleep to Poppie playing the piano and Nana rocking her while Mimi, Eric and I cleaned up. It was a perfect party.
Monday was Bella's actual birthday and the kids sang to her at daycare. We also got great news Eric got a job!!!!! I'm sure he'll want to fill you in on details soon enough. But to celebrate we all went out to dinner at Longhorn. We told the waiter it was Bella's birthday and Eric and I enjoyed her free ice cream sundae! We felt a little guilty eating all her birthday sundae but not enough to stop! Bella got a couple of bites too. Overall, it was a great birthday weekend. I can't believe my baby is already 1. Every time someone said it goes so fast I didn't quite believe them, well, I do now. Time has flown by. I love every moment of it though with an incredible husband and a beautiful and brilliant daughter. I can't wait to share these pictures and memories with Bella when she's older. Thanks for being a part of them.
~Trish

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like she had an awesome birthday and SO glad to hear that Eric got a job. Can't wait to hear all about it. BTW, you seem to have a pretty amazing husband, Trish. I read his post yesterday and it made me teary. I'm so happy for you guys!

John said...

Gabe had a great time and was mad we had to leave early. He only had two pieces of cake, after all.

Congrats to Eric on the job!